Born in France, raised in England. Not really from anywhere.
Places that are near and dear to me or I’ve lived in: Provence, Shropshire, Stoke, Lancaster (UK), Mallorca, Birmingham (UK), Orkney, Sheffield. It’s a weird thing to list but I always like knowing where people spent time.
You’ll notice that there are tons of articles about films. I like movies. The real story though is that in a previous life I was a writer. I don’t do that any more so I keep churning out stuff on here just to stretch my fingers.
Like every other boring internet person I like to pretend I can take photographs. Unlike them I don’t tend to spend much money on gear, and I can’t be arsed putting them online. I do like to get them printed sometimes though when I’m feeling particularly egotistical.
I cook every day and like some sort of Stockholm syndrome I now like it, and think about it a lot. I also like going out for food, alone or with people. In fact I like that more than most things.
I use technology a lot and I love the internet but I’m also a bit of a luddite when it comes to brand new stuff. Phones suck. Social media sucks. Luckily the old internet is far from dead. You just have to know where to look, and how to participate.
As a result I like to hoard swathes of data like music and photos and old movies because of an irrational fear of the cloud.
I’m one of those tiresome privacy people that bang on about how you need to get off Facebook and stop using the same passwords. If we run into each other and I start saying things like this, please stop me. Seriously though, get off Facebook and stop using the same passwords.
Writing about oneself is so exhausting…
Here are some things nerds like to ask about. This site is:
- HTML and CSS mostly
- Put together in a day thanks to the wonderful tailwindcss.
- Using Jekyll to generate pages.
- Hosted by NearlyFreeSpeech.
- Written entirely in vim, on Arch Linux.
Creative Commons Licence
This site is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This means you can:
- Share, copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
Indicating changes you have made is important to a site like this!